Managed by Luxinnovation in collaboration with the Luxembourg Ministry of the Economy, Fit 4 Start helps innovative start-ups get kick-started in Luxembourg. The programme targets entrepreneurs with innovative ideas and a strong drive to be successful and aims to support them in turning their ideas into ventures with a high growth potential.
Health tech track
Fit 4 Start has from its beginning been open to ICT start-ups and will accept 10 companies in this field for its next edition. With this new edition, the range of companies will also be extended with another 5 places available for start-ups active in health technologies. They will be supported by coaches with specialist knowledge in their field.
Coaching and funding
Fit 4 Start offers:
- 16 weeks of expert coaching in Lean Start-Up, a structured methodology for rapid product and service development, and the Agile methodology which calls for high flexibility and the ability to pursue and realise well-defined short-term objectives;
- free access to co-working space in a business incubator; and
- a grant of €50,000, to be matched by €10,000 of equity. An additional €100,000 is offered by the Ministry of the Economy to start-ups that have both successfully graduated from Fit 4 Start and managed to raise at least €50,000 of private equity after the end of the programme.
In order to be eligible, candidates should:
- have a project with an innovative slant;
- have incorporated their company in Luxembourg, preferably less than 12 months before the start of the programme. The incorporation of the company is, however, not a prerequisite at the application stage;
- be a team of at least 2 people, of whom at least one will work full time on the project during their participation in Fit 4 Start.
Call for applications
Interested entrepreneurs are invited to submit their applications to Fit 4 Start until 27 August. The most promising applicants will be invited to pitch their ideas to an expert jury that will make the final selection of participants.